The word Steroids crosses your mind when you are interested to build muscles. You can gain muscle naturally using appropriate diet plan and workout sessions. However, this takes some time and will not give the same appearance you see in celebs and athletes who take a little ‘chemical support’.
It is wise to understand the working, advantages, and disadvantages to find out if taking a risk using steroid is worthy or not.
How does steroid work?
Anabolic steroids include a vast category of compounds, which have the same effects, but function in a significantly different manner.
The main role for steroids is to improve free testosterone level by uniting with the androgen receptors. Some supplements that work in this manner are –
- Trenbolone binds with androgen receptor and is 5 times potent than testosterone
- Dianabol improves free testosterone level in blood. It results in extensive muscle building and burning of fat
- Anavar and Winstrol is less potent and works like DHT (Dihydrotestosterone is a powerful anabolic hormone in comparison to testosterone)
Some steroids work differently, for example –
- Anadrol penetrates the kidney cells and stimulates erythropoietin production from here. It gets released in the blood and thus allows the muscle to absorb more oxygen and nutrients. This results in more stamina for workouts, rapid muscle growth, quick recovery, and great performance.
- Deca Durabolin is potent, but works in the same manner and helps to enhance red blood cell level.
To promote better results and manage undesired side effects competitive bodybuilders hardly use one steroid. They combine different steroids, which is called stacking. For example, anavar or Trenbolone can be stacked with Anadrol because it works differently. You can increase blood supply and testosterone production for better results.
In addition, the dosage will depend on the potency of steroids. For example, Deca Durabolin is strong, so you can easily lessen the dosage.
To eliminate the detrimental side effects and stress on the body, athletes use the on and off the steroid cycle. A cycle lasts for minimum one month.
Why take anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroid is used with an aim to increase strength and muscle. Steroid users gain more muscle and perform much better than natural athletes. Moreover, they recover fast, so you can work intensely in the gym.
Fat burning also increases, which provides the athlete with hard and lean physique. In addition, users find an increase in motivation, better sexual performance, and broadening of their body.
Oral steroids and injections, which is better?
Many users find popping a pill an easy option because it is less painful, needs no paraphernalia and other health risks. Injections leave visible scars and can cause infections. Oral steroids are demanding to the liver and less effective than injectables, but still, users prefer them more. They increase the dose and risk, but post cycle therapy can help them to eliminate the symptoms of high estrogen, low testosterone and allow the liver to recuperate.
Post cycle therapy is conducted using different stuff including selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM).
Use of steroid depends on personal choice. However, it is advisable to take your physicians advice and purchase it from legal online sources.